As a rider who takes safety very seriously, you probably always wear a helmet and jacket when riding your motorcycle. But along with putting on a helmet, do you know how important it is to wear leather motorcycle pants?
Well, leather pants provide the most protection against severe skin abrasion in the event of a crash. Not to mention, some of them even have padded inserts to protect both your knees and hips from impact injuries.
However, these motorcycle pants come in many styles to choose from as well as in varying price points and build quality. So, if you were to try to sort through the many options to find the best leather motorcycle pants, it would probably take you forever.
But don’t worry because we are here to help you. We have compiled a list of what we think are the top leather pants for a motorcycle rider to buy.
List of Leather Motorcycle Pants:
10 BEST-RATED MOTORCYCLE LEATHER PANTS REVIEWED
With such a large variety of mens leather motorcycle pants available to choose from, finding the right pair for your riding needs may feel quite overwhelming. And that’s why we made this list to help you narrow down your options.
1. WICKED STOCK Men’s Motorcycle Pants
These are probably some of the comfiest leather pants on the market. We say this because they feature stretch panels on the lower back and even on the sides. These panels simply allow a superior range of movement as well as adjustability.
As if that’s not enough, the trousers boast an elastic fabric just behind the knee area to ensure maximum comfort. Even better, you will be happy to know that these cruiser pants are fitted with a mesh liner to allow optimal circulation of air.
In terms of build quality, the pair is made from premium 1.2 mm full-grain cow leather, which is considered the strongest and most durable leather. As such, you can expect the pants to provide you with maximum abrasion resistance.
More so, the pants are equipped with a front belt and stretch fabric for ease of adjustability. This is designed to ensure they fit you perfectly. And for additional protection, you also get a four-piece armor for your knees and hips. On the flip side, though, the manufacturer does not offer a warranty on this product.
- Made from 1.2 mm full-grain cow leather
- Adjustable front belt
- Mesh liner for airflow
- Strengthened seat area with quality stitching
- CE-rated hips and knees armor
- Made from thick and durable leather
- Padding on the seat for added comfort
- Has pockets for your earplugs and keys
- Quality zipper and fasteners
- Pockets are rather shallow and may not fit a wallet
2. Alpha Cycle Gear Leather Motorcycle Pant
If you are on a budget, you might want to try out these adventure touring pants as they are an affordable option. Apart from that, you will love the fact that these trousers are made from 100% genuine cowhide leather on the outside. This, therefore, makes them abrasion-resistant and highly long-lasting.
The interior of the trousers, on the other hand, boasts a leather lining that is breathable to allow better air circulation and maximum comfort. However, while the pants are available in multiple sizes, they are not adjustable, and the waist is also not stretchable.
As far as the build quality is concerned, this product has been hand-stitched to ensure superior durability. In addition, the manufacturer even provides you with a 5-year warranty for your peace of mind. On the downside, the pants don’t provide hips and knees protection, nor is there an option to add it.
- 5-years warranty
- Made from 100% genuine cowhide leather
- Multiple pockets for convenience
- Luxury and breathable leather inner lining
- Has a secure pocket for the phone
- Suitable for both men and women riders
- Fitted with sturdy belt loops
- Quality zippers and buttons
- Lacks knees or hips protection
- The waist appears very low and is not adjustable
3. Xelement B7470 Men’s Premium Leather Motorcycle Overpants
This pair of leather riding pants are well known for their durability. The trousers are made of 100% real cowhide leather with a 1.2mm thickness level to provide you with maximum protection against abrasions. As for the interior, it is fully lined with breathable fabric to allow proper airflow.
And for your comfort, these leather biker pants feature an elastic band on the waist for adjustability. Therefore, they will not feel too tight even if you decide to wear them all day. Also included is a two-snap button on the front with a fly zipper to ensure a comfortable fit.
Something else that you should know about these over pants is that they come with unfinished hems. This means that you can easily cut them to match the length of your legs. However, they lack knee or hip armor. But there is nothing to worry about because they are thick enough to offer excellent protection. The pants are also not covered by a warranty, but their build quality is top-notch.
- Zipper and snap button leg closure
- Manufactured from high-quality 1.2mm thick cowhide leather
- Adjustable elastic waistband
- Durable black metal YKK zippers
- Jean style pants with 5 pockets
- Ideal for wearing over your normal trousers
- Fitted with side snaps and zippers for easy removal
- Multiple secure pockets
- Solid stitching
- Not true to size, so you should order 2 sizes bigger than your normal size
- Does not come with knee or hip armor
4. Alpinestars Men’s Drystar Motorcycle Riding Pant
Need a versatile all-weather pair of motorcycle pants? If yes, you will love these trousers as they can be used in various climatic conditions thanks to their removable thermal lining.
The best part is that the product comes with a 100% waterproof and breathable membrane for added comfort. Even better, each pair is fitted with zippered openings on the thigh areas so you can easily adjust levels of airflow according to your needs.
And in terms of construction, the build quality is excellent since the pants are made of PU-coated 450 denier poly-fabric and reinforced with 600 deniers woven fabric. The fabric is not only water-resistant and durable but also abrasion-resistant.
You will also be pleased to know that the trousers are equipped with CE-rated knee protectors and internal hip compartments for optimal protection against impact. Aside from that, you also get hook and loop grip waist and leg adjustments to ensure a precise fit. However, while there is a warranty on this product, it is not clear how long it is.
- Pre-curved legs with stretch panels
- Zippered thigh openings for ventilation
- Made from PU-coated 450 denier polyester material
- Removable thermal lining
- Full circumference zipper around the waist
- Keeps you warm and dry
- Can be used with various textile jackets
- Durably made and comfortable
- Zippered side pockets for safe storage
- Foot opening is a little wide
5. Thrix Leather Classic Motorcycle Pants
These leather motorcycle riding pants are perfect for both casual and sports riders who want to look good off and on the bike. The trousers are built from high-quality genuine cowhide leather to provide you with optimized abrasion resistance and protection.
And to further enhance their build quality, the pants have been stitched using heavy-duty nylon thread to ensure they hold up for long. Unfortunately, they are not adjustable like most products, so you must get the right size.
Also worth mentioning is that the trousers are breathable to ensure maximum comfort and airflow. On the flip side, though, while these cruiser pants do offer excellent protection, they don’t have hip or knee pads for extra immunity on these areas. Also, they are not covered by a warranty.
- Multiple deep pockets
- Zip and button fasteners for a perfect fit
- Made from top-quality real leather
- Heavy-duty stitching using nylon thread
- Fitted with belt loops
- Suitable for casual wear and motorcycle riding
- Well-made with excellent stitching
- Comfortable fit
- Durable button closure
- Might feel tight around the legs for individuals with thick legs
- Runs small in size, so you should order a size larger than your regular one
6. M-BOSS Motorcycle Apparel BOS15500 Leather Pants
Here is yet another pair of high-quality leather biker pants designed to offer the best protection with its 100% leather construction. Yeah, you heard that right! The trousers are made from 1.2-1.3mm thick genuine leather to ensure superior abrasion resistance and long-lasting performance.
Further, the interior boasts a soft satin lining to keep you cool and comfortable on your rides. The lining is also breathable, thereby allowing optimal air circulation. And to ensure a perfect fit, the bottoms of these trousers come unfinished, so you can easily trim them. The only downside is that the waist is not adjustable.
While the pants lack specialized knee or hip armor, there is nothing to worry about because they are made from thick leather to provide you maximum protection. They also don’t come with a warranty, but the stitching is top-notch, and hence build quality should not be an issue.
- Single front panel for a clean look
- Fitted with genuine YKK zippers
- Soft and breathable satin inner lining
- 100% real leather with 1.2-1.3mm thickness
- Unfinished bottoms
- Easy to trim to match your height
- Premium construction
- Provides a classic look and feel
- Up to 5 pockets for convenient storage
- For most people, the sizing runs a little large
7. Fly Racing Patrol In the Boot Pants
If you are searching for touring pants that are sure to provide you with all-day comfort and performance, this pair might just be what you need. Featuring multi-panel 900D polyester construction, these trousers are not only ultra-durable but also rugged.
The level of adaptability is another feature that makes these trousers a wonderful investment. Not only do you get a ratcheting fly closure so you can adjust the waistband but also Velcro tabs for ease of adjusting the lower leg cuff. Also, the pants are equipped with a mesh liner and above the knee zippers to keep you cool and comfortable by allowing optimal airflow.
Additionally, the hip areas have extra cushioning for added protection. And for the knees, the pants come already pre-shaped, so you can add your knee pads or guards. Unfortunately, the trousers are not covered by a warranty despite the build quality being impeccable.
- 900 D multi-panel polyester construction with fuller leather inner
- Adjustable Velcro tabs
- Ventilated mesh liner
- Reflective prints for visibility
- Heavy-duty leather heat shield panels
- Well ventilated for superior comfort
- Perfect for rugged use in all terrains
- Fits nicely over the boots
- Stretch panels allow freedom of movement
- A little on the big side, but sizing is accurate
- Has a designated area for putting knee pads, but the pads or guards are not included.
8. Sedici Niccolo Pants
For the most stylish yet functional mens leather motorcycle pants, these trousers are just what you need. These pants are made from thick full-grain calf leather that is more resistant to abrasion to ensure long-lasting durability. Apart from that, they feature CE-rated level knee armor for maximum knee protection.
In terms of comfort, the waist is designed to be adjustable to ensure a perfect fit. On top of that, the trousers boast perforated panels and mesh lining to allow optimal air circulation on warmer days for extra comfort. Also included is an ergonomic leather seat with coccyx padding for increased support and comfort.
That said, both customers and critics also say that the stitching of these leather motorcycle pants with armor is excellent. So, the product’s build quality should not worry you. However, it is not clear whether the manufacturer does offer a warranty or not.
- Made of 1.0 – 1.1mm thick full-grain calf leather
- CE-certified level 2 knees armor
- Pre-curved legs
- Mesh lining with perforated panels
- Multiple zippered pockets
- Offers an ergonomic fit
- Uses high-quality and genuine YKK zippers
- Equipped with velcro pads for supporting knee slider
- Has reflective elements for enhanced visibility
- A little pricey but worth every coin
9. Men’s Heavy Duty Motorcycle Leather Pants
These trousers offer a perfect balance between great performance, comfort, and protection, which is what makes them the best leather motorcycle pants. Known for their great build quality, the pants have been stitched using high-quality tear-resistant nylon and cotton blend thread to ensure they hold up well to everyday use.
But you know what the best part is? The trousers are manufactured from heavy-duty cowhide leather that is highly resistant to abrasion and other impacts. On top of that, the interior is fully lined to ensure maximum breathability and air circulation during those hot days. The lining also helps increase the comfort of these pants.
Unlike other premium leather riding pants, this product lacks dedicated knee or hip protection. But with its heavy-duty construction, you probably might not need the hip or knee armor. You also don’t get a manufacturer’s warranty and the trousers are not fully adjustable.
- Stitching has been done using nylon and cotton blend thread
- Un-hemmed for ease of trimming
- Made from heavy-duty cowhide leather
- Fully lined interior
- Quality zippered fly with button closures
- Tear-resistant stitching
- Easy to trim according to your height
- Made with abrasion-resistant fabric
- Relatively affordable
- No protective armor around the knee and hip area
- Has limited features to allow proper airflow
10. Vintage Brooks Sportswear Leather Motorcycle Pants
If you love the idea of owning a pair of vintage leather moto pants and don’t mind that they are pre-owned, this product is worth considering. But since the pants are not new, they do come with some light wear and tear.
Like other leather biker trousers in this review, this pair is also made from genuine leather for increased abrasion resistance and optimized protection. However, they don’t come with hip or knee armor, although the leather construction does a good job of protecting both the knees and hips from impact injury.
In terms of air circulation and comfort, the trousers are breathable enough thanks to their 100% leather construction. More so, you can adjust their height by trimming them since their bottoms have been hemmed up a little big but the waist is not adjustable.
Also worth mentioning is that these pants are not covered by any warranty since they are pre-owned. But there is nothing to worry about because their stitching and build quality seem superb.
- Available in size 36-in for men
- Made from 100% real leather
- Multiple storage pockets
- Adjustable height
- Pre-owned but in good condition
- Relatively inexpensive
- Easy to put on and off
- Fits snugly and comfortably
- Comes with a belt loop to ensure a better fit
- Has slight wear and tear
- Only one sizing is available since they are not brand new
What to Look for Before Buying?
Now, the likelihood of you buying the wrong leather pants for motorcycle riding is high if you don’t know what features to look out for. But since we don’t want to see you making the wrong purchasing decision, we’ve put together this buying guide to help you.
Level of protection
The first thing to consider is the level of protection the pants offer. Generally, pants made from genuine leather tend to be abrasion-resistant, thereby providing you with optimized protection.
Some trousers, on the other hand, are also armored at the knees and hips for better impact protection. However, other pants don’t give you this option but rather feature extremely thick leather construction.
If you are an avid rider, then it means you will be using your motorcycle leather pants regularly. However, the only way for you to enjoy the rides is if the trousers are comfortable enough.
With this in mind, we recommend pants made with breathable fabrics and ventilation systems like mesh liners to ensure better airflow. Also, consider getting trousers with padding on the seat.
Another thing to consider is how the trousers fit you. A good pair should fit snugly and not too tight or baggy, so they don’t shift during a crash.
But since sizing and fit vary between manufacturers, you should use the sizing chart before making any purchase. Also, be sure to take your measurements first. You might also want to consider buying pants with an adjustable waistband for a better fit.
Quality of stitching
Good stitching is important as it determines how well your leather riding pants will hold up. So, always check how the seams are stitched.
Generally, most premium pants use heavy-duty nylon thread for stitching as it is stronger and more durable.
Last but not least, you may want to consider if the trousers come with things like secure pockets for your belongings as well as quality zippers and fasteners. You should also keep an eye on trousers that come with reflective elements for increased visibility and removable thermal liners if they are important to you.
Without further ado, let’s go through some of the common questions people ask about leather motorcycle pants.
Q: Are leather pants good for motorcycling?
A: Yes, because they will protect you best in case of an accident since they are resistant to abrasions. Besides, most of them have armor at the knees and hips for added protection.
Q: Are leather motorbike trousers waterproof?
A: Some like the Alpinestars Men’s Drystar Motorcycle Riding Pant are 100% waterproof, but others are not.
Q: What are motorcycle pants called?
A: They go by different names, such as race pants, but the most common name used is cruiser or adventure touring pants.
Q: Do you wear motorcycle pants over pants?
A: No, unless they are designed to be worn as overpants. However, for some motorcycle pants, you can wear your normal pants underneath if their size allows.
Whether you love sport biking or off-road riding, you will need the best leather motorcycle pants for your comfort and safety. And from our picks, you are sure to find a pair that resonates with your needs and riding style.
But if we were to choose our overall best pants from our list, it would have to be the WICKED STOCK Men’s Motorcycle Pants, thanks to their great build quality. However, the Alpha Cycle Gear Leather Motorcycle Pants are an affordable option, although you will have to give up the knee and hip protection feature.